Me and my babies have been exposed to Mold Toxins for approximately 5 years (I believe 99% chance that I’m correct). I have all the severe serious level symptoms, plus have been exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning for approximately 8-9 months. I have been deteriorating very quickly. My 2 babies who are Lovebirds also have been deteriorating with severe symptoms which have gone to partially blindness. Please advise me on all the Medical Tests that can be done to confirm and determine my suspicions to Mold Toxin Poisoning Exposure.
Thank you in advance for your quick response as I’m in a desperate need of this information ASAP. I am in a crisis and I have no support. In addition, due to my destabilizing health conditions my finances have been exhausted and I have been unable to work for months or hardly functions at home with no income support. The Doctors are baffled so I need to inform them what steps to take immediately. Note: EEG, MRI tests have been completed however MRI results are not known at this time and EEG apparently was normal.
P.S. An elderly woman has already died in this rental unit with similar symptoms. Autopsy results concluded death by natural causes.
Answer: Your story is rather sad. Perhaps the first test that should be performed is to assess the building for both biological and chemical pollutants. While presence of mold does not necessarily mean you have been exposed to mold toxins (mycotoxins), its absence could suggest that the possibility of significant mycotoxin exposure is very low. For medical tests, I would suggest you discuss this with your family doctor or request them to suggest other medical professionals who could help you.