Question: I wonder if you can tell me about mould that was in my fridge in my summer trailer. I went to my trailer today and did not realize that the hydro was off during the winter months. There was mould in the freezer and also all over the inside of the fridge. Of course I threw all of the food and contents out. I washed it with Tilex which was the only thing I had on hand. The fridge is now absolutely spotless but I am afraid to use it. Would I be better off to buy a new fridge or can I clean it with vinegar, bleach, or some other cleaner. Many Thanks.
Answer: I wouldn’t advise you to throw away your fridge simply because there was mould growing inside. I would suggest you wash it with ordinary dishwashing detergent. Rinse it thoroughly well and it should be safe to use.