Question: I had a lot of black mold or at least I thought that’s what it was so I took a blow torch and burned it off. It hasn’t come back but now I found a growth of some kind almost like a very fine hair, some of which is about an inch long and a gray color. I put the torch to it as well but this growth turned into a liquid and some would drop on the floor and some would stay on the walls and looked like a clear lacquer. I torched it about 4 days ago and now it has dried completely and the cement wall is a very light color and seems very dry as if it was dusted with powder. At one part I rubbed some grease on it and instantly fell to the floor and nothing seems to be growing back.
Any ideas what we may have here? It is quite damp in that area at times.
Answer: From your description, it’s difficult for me to guess what type of black mold is on the walls in your home. I am also not sure if, when burned, mold would turn into a liquid that would drip. Obviously if the place is always damp, it’s liable to mold growth.